Friday, April 24, 2015

Give it Up !!

Did you ever just have one of those Day's ?
     Well today is my One of those Day's.  Everything I touch today is not working out, no matter 
What I do.  Maybe the Earth is tipped.
     Finally I woke up to a very Sunnny Morning after a Gloomy cold week, so I thought today will be a huge get things done king of a Day.  Not so..... 
No matter what I try to do it all goes wrong.  I will give you an example.  I found a new recipe for cupcakes to try. So I bought these pretty cupcake liners to use.  Purple with white polka dots.
I wanted these so they would look festive,  as I was planning to surprise my Neighbor Thelma with a special treat.
Everything baked fine and they smelled wonderful.
But when I took them out of the muffin tin,  to my surprise all the butter in the recipe seeped through the liner leaving the cake dry and the bottom of my favorite tin is stained purple. It will not wash out.
I dug through my garbage to find the label to the papers and what I found  was a brand I never heard of and they where made in China. On top of that when I tried to take the paper off it would not come
Off the cake.
I had to throw out the whole dozen of orange cream cupcakes.
What a waste !!
This is not my first disaster with a product made in China that I used for cooking.
My other one was a Colander that I bought at Walmart.  It  melted when I poured the hot pasta into it.
Even though the label said hot foods where safe.
So maybe it is the day I am having but....... As of Today no more made in China anything in my Kitchen any longer.
When I Googled if any one has ever experienced these type of problems, to my amazement I am surprised we are all living to even write a blog post about it.
Between melting burning and toxic fumes I had to stop reading.
I am sorry but sometimes it is worth paying more for a product that is made in the USA.
So my lesson has been learned and maybe this post will help save someone else's Cupcakes.
     Now to explain to my Sweet Husband why that wonderful cake smell that has been wafting 
Through the Cottage, is no longer a sweet treat to enjoy today.
I Give Up !!!!
Hugs
MaMa Zeno

 


No comments:

Post a Comment